Some TCG Upcoming Events
(Go to TCG Main Page)
Most recent update: 20 July 2017
Sections Updated: Before July 20 deleted. After July 20 added.
August 4-7 (Civic Holiday weekend) --- Caving near Quebec City
Caving Plans: Saturday morning: St. Casimir (horizontal)
Saturday afternoon: Boischatel (by the horizontal entrance, about a 3-hour trip)
Sunday: Boischatel (by the 10-m pit entrance, vertical gear needed, about a 5-hour trip)
Monday morning possibilities: Via ferrata and/or zipline at Chute-Montmorency (optional).
Camping Plans: Friday night: on the cave property at St. Casimir, free
Saturday and Sunday nights: in Camping Municipal de Beauport (near Boischatel), paid.
For more information, or to sign up, contact David Wilkins by July 25 at "email@example.com" or 289-892-6683 (text anytime, calls after 6:00 pm).
Sunday August 13 --- Caving in South-Central Ontario
This trip is limited to members of Ontario or Quebec cavng clubs only. With 1.6 km mapped, this cave is one of the longer ones in Ontario, and it has very sculpted walls. This cave needs no special techniques, but be sure to bring your knee pads. For more information, or to sign up, contact Gary Yankech at "firstname.lastname@example.org" or 647-350-7329.
Thursday August 24 @ 7:00 pm or 8:30 pm --- Summer TCG Meeting
-- Those who want are invited to arrive around 7:00 pm for a pre-meeting supper with caving friends. Non-members and beginners are also welcome. (Please invite any interested people that you know of!) The food is good with quite a lot of choice.
-- Around 8:45 pm there will be a couple of short presentations on subjects of caving interest (so be sure to arrive BEFORE 8:30 pm):
- Caving show and tell. Bring any cave-related photos, videos, or equipment you want to show! There may be a few photos from recent TCG trips.
-- After the presentations, all who want will stay in the same room for more refreshments and fellowship.
-- During the meeting it will also be possible to:
- Talk about future TCG events with any event organizers who are present.
- The Frog and Firkin pub, 4854 Yonge Street, Toronto. This is on the west side of Yonge, about 1.5 blocks north of Sheppard Avenue and 1.1 km north of the centerline of Highway 401 (exit 369). We will be in the room at the front (east) end of the second floor. The sign above this room's double door reads "DartS".
- To get to the Municipal Parking Lot behind the Frog and Firkin, be in the leftmost straight-ahead lane as you drive north across Sheppard. After the island in the middle of Yonge ends, turn left into Harlandale Avenue (immediately before the orange and white 967.11.11 sign for Pizza Pizza). About 40 m into Harlandale, turn right into the parking lot. Pay at the one machine near the middle of the lot. It accepts coins and credit cards only, NOT paper money. All night starting at 6:00 pm costs 7.00$. This lot IS patrolled at night, so failing to pay can be expensive. Continue below at "From the parking lot".
- By TTC, take the subway to the Sheppard-Yonge station and ascend the stairs at the north end of the platform on the Yonge line. Then follow the ceiling signs to "Harlandale Avenue" and continue straight ahead across the street into the parking lot beyond.
- From the parking lot go into the ground level of the only wooden balcony structure. Enter the door with a handle, go up the stairs, zig-zag around the barrier at the top, and continue in the same direction to the room signed "DartS".
Sunday August 27 --- Beginners' Trip to Niagara Escarpment Caves
This is an introductory trip to several small caves near Toronto. Everyone is welcome. For more information, or to sign up, contact Gary Yankech at "email@example.com" or 647-350-7329.
September 1 - 4 (Labour Day weekend) --- Old Timers' Reunion, West Virginia
Don't miss this annual festival of caving, contests, shopping, equipment repair, and social good times! To attend, you must be a member of The Robertson Association, or be the guest of a member. Registration costs $48 if you arrive on Friday and changes slightly for arrival on other days. Registration costs an extra $20 for guests. The campsite opens at noon on Thursday and closes at noon on the holiday Monday. In August we will publish a contact person for getting more information on this event, signing up for carpooling, etc.
(Go to TCG Main Page)