Some TCG Upcoming Events
(Go to TCG Main Page)
Most recent update: 5 May 2017
Sections Updated: Before May 5 deleted. After May 5 added.
Sunday May 7 --- Beginners Trip to Niagara Escarpment Caves
This is an introductory trip to several small caves near Toronto. Everyone is welcome. For more information, or to sign up, contact Gary Yankech at 647-234-7104 or "firstname.lastname@example.org".
May 20 - 22 (Victoria Day Weekend) --- Caving Trip in New York State
This trip will visit medium-sized caves near Schoharie, NY. For those who want, there will be a couple of easy vertical caves (rope drops from about 8 m to 25 m). Because most caves in this area involve some walking in shallow water, thin wetsuit socks are nice. At night we will stay in a rustic cabin and/or tents. For more information, or to sign up on this trip, contact Kirk MacGregor at 647-892-5240 or "email@example.com".
Wednesday May 24 @ 6:30 pm or 8:00 pm --- Spring TCG Meeting
-- Those who want are invited to arrive around 6:30 pm for a pre-meeting supper with caving friends. Non-members and beginners are also welcome. (Please invite any interested people that you know of!) The food is good with quite a lot of choice.
-- Around 8:15 pm there will be a couple of short presentations on subjects of caving interest (so be sure to arrive BEFORE 8:00 pm):
- A celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Toronto Caving Group. Bring any stories and photos you want to share.
- The Reactor Wide Eye Flashlight: a short report. This flashlight has a unique and promising new design. But does it live up to its promise? Come to this meeting and find out!
- Caving show and tell. Bring any cave-related photos, videos, or equipment you want to show! There may be a few photos from recent TCG trips.
-- After the presentations, all who want will stay in the same room for more refreshments and fellowship.
-- During the meeting it will also be possible to:
- Borrow and return library books. Please bring any books, etc. that you need to return! To borrow books, etc. be sure to arrange that with the Librarian BEFORE the meeting.
- Talk about future TCG events with any event organizers who are present.
- The Frog and Firkin pub, 4854 Yonge Street, Toronto. This is on the west side of Yonge, about 1.5 blocks north of Sheppard Avenue and 1.1 km north of the centerline of Highway 401 (exit 369). We will be in the room at the front (east) end of the second floor. The sign above this room's double door reads "DartS".
- To get to the Municipal Parking Lot behind the Frog and Firkin, be in the leftmost straight-ahead lane as you drive north across Sheppard. After the island in the middle of Yonge ends, turn left into Harlandale Avenue (immediately before the orange and white 967.11.11 sign for Pizza Pizza). About 40 m into Harlandale, turn right into the parking lot. Pay at the one machine near the middle of the lot. It accepts coins and credit cards only, NOT paper money. All night starting at 6:00 pm costs 7.00$. This lot IS patrolled at night, so failing to pay can be expensive. Continue below at "From the parking lot".
- By TTC, take the subway to the Sheppard-Yonge station and ascend the stairs at the north end of the platform on the Yonge line. Then follow the ceiling signs to "Harlandale Avenue" and continue straight ahead across the street into the parking lot beyond.
- From the parking lot go into the ground level of the only wooden balcony structure. Enter the door with a handle, go up the stairs, zig-zag around the barrier at the top, and continue in the same direction to the room signed "DartS".
Saturday June 3 (and June 4?) --- TCG 50th Anniversary Cave Trip
The TCG was founded on a cave trip on Saturday 3 June 1967. Come out on Saturday 3 June 2017 to recreate this cave trip and celebrate 50 years of Toronto caving! For more information, or to sign up on this trip, contact Kirk MacGregor at 647-892-5240 or "firstname.lastname@example.org".
(Go to TCG Main Page)